Thursday, October 6, 2016

Hello Fall in Watercolor

Autumn has always been my favorite season, even here in Arizona. I still remember the smells, sounds and sights of fall from a time when I lived in New England and Upstate New York. Raking leaves with my older brother always became a fun chore and I loved carving pumpkins for my little brothers and sister. Although I was inspired by the season to make this fall card, the card challenges also helped.

I made two similar cards using a different technique with each but I am posting only one of them. The second card can be found HERE.
I also tried to keep the card CAS. A panel of watercolor paper was stamped with the leaf images and watercolored with dye inks and an Aqua Painter. Once dry, an all black image was stamped for contrast and to add
depth. The corners were rounded and the panel was adhered to a black card base. The sentiment was heat embossed in copper, backed with bright cardstock and popped up with foam. Sequins were also added. The inside was lined with a panel of white and decorated with a stamped leaf image, also watercolored.

 
The card is being submitted to:
1. Just Us Girls Word Challenge #363:







2. Cardz 4 Guyz Fall Challenge #140:


3. Aud Sentiments Anything Goes plus a sentiment #165:

Techniques: Stamping, watercoloring, heat embossing
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Stampin' Up Materials
Stamp: "Blooms & Wishes" (small black branches)
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder, Wild Wasabi, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, watercolor paper
Misc.: Dimensionals foam, Aqua Painter

Other Materials
Stamps: Wplus9 "Autumn Leaves"
and Sugar Pea Designs "Fall Fox" (sentiment)
Inks: Stazon Jet Black, Versamark
Misc.: Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Ranger EP (copper)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like working on this GORGEOUS fall card brought back some childhood memories. Don't see much fall here in Florida either. Intact, all we see currently are Hurricanes. Anyway, You card is beautiful Melanie and I really love it! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls and please play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making my own backgrounds and both of your cards are gorgeous! Loving the pretty colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Melanie! Love the watercolored background, perfect colors for fall! Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn colours. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colouring as it has that gorgeous watercoloured appearance - some inconsistencies that are meant to be in place to look so natural, just as in nature. Beautiful collection of leaves and I love the sequin colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors! Looks as though you enjoyed creating this memorable card. It's sure to be a winner! #upstateNY #ChicopeeFallsMA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not a winner. I have learned two things about card challenges: there are some very talented artists making cards and if I submit my card at the last minute, often it is not reviewed by the team and ignored.

      Delete