Saturday, November 5, 2016

Blissful Blooms - CAS

Having a December birthday means that I have to make cards for an online group of crafting ladies who also have December birthdays. I look forward to the exchange of cards! I made four of these cards but will need to make more using other papers. I may add a sentiment on the front of this card, but because I am submitting this to a challenge, I omitted it for now. My design was inspired by the challenge.

On a panel of navy cardstock, I stamped some
tiny flowers in navy ink then adhered the panel to a white card base. A strip of DSP was adhered and then flowers were cut from a sheet of DSP and popped up with foam for dimension. Sequins were adhered to finish the card. A bit of clear glitter glue was added to the center of each flower. The inside was decorated with a fussy cut flower.


The card is being submitted to Fab Friday Sketch Challenge #99:

Techniques: Stamping, fussy cutting
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Stampin' Up! Materials
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Misc.: Dimensionals foam

Other Materials
Stamps: Reverse Confetti "Blooms 'n Buds"
DSP: Dare2B Artzy Modern Bliss "Blissful Blooms"
Misc.: Studio G Glitter Glue (clear), Pretty Pink Posh sequins

5 comments:

  1. Outstanding card Melanie! Love those shades of blue, perfectly designed for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've translated our sketch beautifully! I really love these colors and details - your fussy cut flowers are so striking! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! Love the flowers!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors! I love when people use DSP elements cut out! It makes the DSP that much more versatile instead of just always being a flat layer! Nicely done and really shows your fussy cutting skills! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combination and great interpretation of the sketch...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete